Learn Quick Methods to Import EML to Outlook 365
Are you looking for a solution for the query” How to import EML files into Office 365?”
If so, read the complete blog. In this blog, we will cover the step-by-step method to import EML to Outlook 365. However, you can also opt for a professional EML Converter
to efficiently perform the bulk migration of EML files.
In this digital era, users use various email service providers to share important information data. Each email client stores data in different file formats. One such file format is EML (Electronic Mail) which multiple email clients like Apple Mail, Windows Live Mail, Outlook Express, Eudora, etc widely use. Outlook 365 (Office 365), On the other hand, is one of the best cloud-based services offered by Microsoft. It provides a suite of productivity tools and applications that users can easily open/view through any device.
Now, why do users want to import EML files to Outlook 365? We have mentioned a few reasons for EML to Office 365 migration.
Reasons to Import EML to Outlook 365
There are multiple reasons to transfer EML files to Office 365 account. Some common reasons are mentioned below.
- Office 365 is more trusted by most users as it is designed and developed by Microsoft.
- It provides better data security and email management services.
- Users can access their important data anytime and anywhere
- Office 365 is a cloud-based email service provider that offers a variety of productivity tools and applications
After exploring the various reasons, now we will move ahead and discuss the various solutions to import EML to Outlook 365.
Manual Solution to Import EML Files to Microsoft Office 365
The manual method to migrate EML files to Office 365 is divided into two steps. However, there is always a chance of data loss while carrying out the manual approach, hence, it is suggested to create a duplicate copy of the original data before performing the migration process.
#Step 1: Drag and Drop the EML Files in Outlook
- Launch the Outlook application on your system.
- In the Outlook Mailbox, create a New Folder where you want to import EML files.
- Now, navigate to the location where you saved the EML files.
- Select the required EML files and drag and drop the files into the Outlook new folder.
- Now, you can view the converted EML file data in Outlook.
#Step 2: Export EML File Data Locally into PST Format
- Launch the Outlook application on your computer.
- Click on the File menu at the top-left corner of the Outlook window.
- Select Open & Export and then choose Import/Export from the options.
- In the Import and Export Wizard, select the Export to a file option and click Next.
- Choose Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
- Click Browse to set the location where you want to save the resulting PST file.
- Enable the desired features you want to export and click Finish.
- Confirm that your PST file has been saved at the location you selected.
Step 3: Import PST File to Office 365 Account
- Open the Outlook program on your computer.
- Go to the File menu and choose Open & Export from the options.
- Now, click on the Import/Export Feature and then select Import from another program or file. Click Next.
- After that, choose Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
- Click the Browse button to locate and add the PST file from your computer.
- Select the required features and choose your Office 365 account from the drop-down list.
- Lastly, click Finish to complete the importing process.
Following this approach, users can easily import EML to Outlook 365. However, certain drawbacks are commonly faced by users while performing this approach.
Downsides of the Manual Approach
- This is a lengthy and time-consuming process.
- There is a high risk of data loss.
- Users need to have good Technical knowledge.
Automated Solution to Import EML to Outlook 365
MIgrateEmails EML File Converter is the best alternative to import batch EML files to Office 365 account. This tool is developed with advanced features that provide a smooth and secure migration of EML files without any data loss. Its user-friendly GUI makes it easy to use by both technical and non-technical users. In addition, this utility also allows users to save their EML file data in PST, MBOX, MSG, EMLX, etc. Apart from this, users can also import EML to Google Workspace, Gmail, Office 365, IMAP, and many more.
Procedure to Import Emails from EML Files to O365
- Download and Run the EML Converter Tool on your device.
- Click on the Select Files/ Folders option and add the EML File(s).
- Tick the required folders from the displayed tree structure and then click Next.
- Choose Office 365 as your resultant email client from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the Office 365 credentials and click on the Log In button.
- Hit the Convert button to initiate the process to import EML files to Outlook 365.
In this article, we have discussed the methods to import EML to Outlook 365 account. We have also shared some of the benefits of using the Office 365 account to store your EML file data. There are some limitations to the manual method. Therefore, it is suggested to use the alternative EML file converter tool to get a quick and precise result without worrying about data loss.