How to Export Thunderbird Emails to Outlook PST? Easy Guide
Searching for a quick and stable method to export Thunderbird emails to Outlook PST? Then this blog is exclusively for you. Here we will explore the different reasons for the migration as well as the procedures to carry out migration. Mainly, there are two methods to move your emails from Thunderbird to Outlook Data files: the manual and the professional Thunderbird Backup Tool
. We will discuss them one by one.
Mozilla Thunderbird is an open-source free email client used for managing email, contacts, calendars, and tasks. It is designed with various built-in features for an easy user experience. However, users still want to migrate emails from Thunderbird to Outlook PST for various reasons like switching email clients or workplace compatibility. So, let’s look at the solution to perform this migration process.
Methods to Export Thunderbird Emails to Outlook PST
We have two different methods to convert Thunderbird emails to Outlook PST format. First, the manual approach, and second by using a professional Thunderbird backup Tool. Let us begin with the manual approach.
Method 1: How to Export Thunderbird Emails to Outlook PST Free?
The manual method to move your emails from Thunderbird to Outlook Data file is a three-step approach. The major steps to be followed are:
- Converting Thunderbird emails ( MBOX) to EML format.
- Transferring the EML files to Windows Live Mail.
- Exporting Windows Live Mail Emails to Outlook PST.
Before performing the manual solution, it is advisable to keep a copy of your data to prevent any data loss. Further, obey the procedure as follows.
Step 1: Converting MBOX Files to EML Format
- Launch the Mozilla Thunderbird on your computer.
- Now, go to the file or folder that you want to export. Click on the folder to open.
- Select single or multiple emails by using the shortcut ( Ctrl+A).
- Right-click on the selected emails and choose Save As to save them in EML format.
- In the next dialog box, navigate to the location where you want to save the files.
- Finally, click on the Save button to save the selected emails.
Step 2: Transfer EML Files to Windows Live Mail
Now we need to export the saved EML files to Windows Live Mail, so do as follows-
- Open the Windows Live Mail on your system.
- Select any existing folder or create a new folder.
- Go to the Computer’s File Explorer and open the folder where you saved the EML files.
- Select the saved EML file(s) that you want to export.
- Now, drag and drop the EML files that you have selected in the Windows Live Mail folder.
Step 3: Export WLM Files to Outlook PST
- Launch the Windows Live Mail and then click on File > Export email>Email messages button.
- In the WLM export wizard, choose Microsoft Exchange from the drop-down. Click Next and then OK.
- Lastly, choose Outlook from the drop-down list in the Choose Profile section. Click OK.
Following the above steps users can Convert Thunderbird Emails to PST. However, users can face certain challenges while performing this manual method.
Drawbacks of the Manual Method
- This is not a recommended solution for novice users.
- It is a tedious and complicated procedure.
- Users cannot perform bulk migration using this method.
Method 2: Direct Method to Export Thunderbird Emails to Outlook PST
MigrateEmails Thunderbird Mail Backup Tool is a safe and reliable software using which users can easily bulk export Thunderbird to PST files. This tool provides a precise migration of complete Thunderbird mailbox data without compromising folder originality. Moreover, it also facilitates to backup Thunderbird emails to external hard drive by saving the emails in PDF, MSG, MBOX, CSV, EML, etc. Users can also migrate their Thunderbird data to Gmail, Office 365, G Suite, IMAP, and other email clients. Furthermore, its interactive GUI makes it easy to use by both technical and novice users.
Procedure to Migrate Emails from Thunderbird to Outlook PST
- Run the Thunderbird Backup Tool on your system as an Administrator.
- Select the desired profile from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the Mailbox data that you want to export from the Preview option. Click Next.
- Select PST as the destination file format from the drop-down menu.
- If required, select the other migration option and filters.
- At last, click on the Convert button to export Thunderbird to PST file.
In this article, we have discussed all the possible methods to export Thunderbird emails to Outlook PST. However, the manual method is a complex and lengthy process. Therefore, for a fast and secure migration of Thunderbird emails, many tech experts prefer using the professional solution.