Methods to Export Thunderbird Contacts To Outlook Account
Microsoft Outlook is one of the most prominent email client applications and is receiving more and more users every day because of its popular interface, user-friendliness, and better security features. However, users cannot deny the fact that email migration is quite challenging and exacting to complete. MS Outlook and a smooth user-friendly interface make it very different from the other email service providers. Therefore, users started to export thunderbird contacts to Outlook.
Mozilla Thunderbird is a widely used desktop email program generally preferred by professionals for mail and newsgroup purposes. Many users don’t find the Thunderbird program is very interesting and want to transfer contacts from Thunderbird to Outlook.
Why Export Thunderbird Contacts to Outlook
- Outlook is most superior to Thunderbird when it comes to features, compatibility, and security with different platforms.
- Managing user’s personal information is much easier with Outlook.
- The Outlook is more user-friendly and reliable than thunderbird.
- Outlook allows Configuring multiple email accounts within a single interface.
- MS Outlook facilitates access to the mailbox data file even when it is connected to the mail server.
Methods to Export Thunderbird contacts to Outlook
There are many methods available in the market with the help of which users can Export Thunderbird contacts to Outlook. We have divided the manual method in two steps for better understanding of users.
Import and Export Thunderbird contacts to Outlook using Import/Export Wizard
- Download Mozilla Thunderbird and click on the Address Book from the menu option.
- When the address book screen opens, choose the appropriate address book to be exported.
- Now, select the required address book and go to Tool -> Export.
- Provide a destination path along with a file name to save the exported address book.
- Then also, pick the format in which you wish to export all contacts.
- Finally- .CSV file gets saved at the preferred location.
Import the CSV file in Outlook
- Launch Microsoft Outlook
- Then go to file -> Option and Export -> Import/Export
- From the screen option opens, select Import from another program or file
- Then click the Next button
- Choose Comma-separated Values (Windows) from the list that’s come up
- Now, hit on Next button
- Browse to pick the CSV file you previously exported
- Selected the ratio option that says Do Not Import Duplicate Items
- Hit on Next button
- Now, choose the desired folder where you need to import contacts and click on Contacts
- Click on the Next button
- Finally, click on the Finish button to start the procedure
- It is time taking process
- It may be or may not be export/import all contact details
- Incompatibility issues are there
- CSV import errors
- Data loss & Data inconsistency
These are some issues that can occur while performing Export Thunderbird contacts to Outlook. To overcome the limitations, we recommend using a professional solution to Convert Mbox to PST file.
Professional Method to Export Thunderbird Contacts to Outlook
The professional method overcomes all the limitations as we have seen in the above manual process of migration. It is always suggested to use a well known and trusted solution available in the market which provides a complete migration of Export Thunderbird mailbox items including emails, contacts, calendars, etc. to Outlook. Thunderbird stores all mailbox data files in Mbox file format and Outlook stores all the data in a PST file format. Users can opt for one of the reliable and quick solutions i.e, DRS MBOX to PST Converter which supports MBOX created by 18+ email clients including Thunderbird, Apple mail, etc.
How MBOX to PST Converter Tool Works?
- First, Download and Install the DRS MBOX to PST Converter Tool
- Start the DRS MBOX to PST file converter and select the single file or multiple files option.
- Now, click on the browse button to select the Mbox file & click the Next button.
- After adding the Mbox items you want to convert & hit the Next button.
- Now, pick the PST format the file saving option.
- Additionally, opt for Remove duplicates mails to remove the duplicate emails from the selected options
- By default, Maintain Hierarchy is chacked. It helps to maintain the folder or file hierarchy.
- Now, you can opt for a Mail filter & task filter based on a date range.
- After that assign a name in the Custom folder name to save the resultant data with a specific name.
- Define a location to save the resultant data using the Path to save Button.
- At last Click on the Convert button to save the backup file.
- Here, In some time you successfully MBOX to PST Conversion will be completed.
This blog provides users with the possible methods/solutions to Export Thunderbird Contacts to Outlook. Also, we have mentioned the possible reason for the Thunderbird address book to Outlook. We can conclude that the manual methods can create issues like Incompatibility, time taking process, need for technical expertise to do so. Besides, to avoid these restrictions. Using third party professional software is more effective & user friendly software.