Best Solutions to Add Yahoo Account to Thunderbird Account
Have you been a Yahoo user and are now looking for ways to move emails from Yahoo to Thunderbird? If your answers is yes, you might need to add Yahoo account to Thunderbird account. Then only you can migrate emails from Yahoo to Thunderbird. However, you can skip this step if you use a third-party application such as Yahoo Backup Tool
. But, for those opting for the manual procedure, here is how to connect Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird.
Thunderbird is an open-source, desktop-based email program. It allows users to easily access emails and keeps a record of all the previous communications. Currently, many users are switching to Thunderbird for the exclusive features it provides. Moreover, the application is continuously enhancing its features for the growing needs of its users.
Why Do Users Add Yahoo Account to Thunderbird Account?
Here are some features of Thunderbird that Yahoo Mail does not offer:
- Allows to handle multiple email accounts from various providers with a single interface.
- Thunderbird offers accessibility on different operating systems, including Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Plus, unlike Yahoo Mail, Thunderbird allows you to access emails and folders offline.
- Offers a wide range of add-ons and themes to personalize user’s email experience.
Besides, there are many such features of Thunderbird that Yahoo Mail lacks. Therefore, Yahoo users merge their email accounts with Thunderbird. Further, let us move to the following section.
How Do I Add a Yahoo Account to Thunderbird?
There are three possible ways to migrate Yahoo Emails to Thunderbird. The first two procedures need to establish a connection between Yahoo Mail and Thunderbird. Whereas, the third procedure is direct and does not involve opening either of two email clients. Moreover, automated software are more secure and reliable method. Here are three ways to connect Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird and migrate emails:
- Add a Yahoo Mail Account to Thunderbird Using IMAP
- Using POP3 Settings
- Third-Party Applications
Here, we will discuss each of them individually, beginning with IMAP settings.
Add Yahoo Account to Thunderbird Account-Using IMAP
Follow the steps below, to set up your Yahoo Mail account to Thunderbird using IMAP:
- Launch Mozilla Thunderbird.
- In the Create a new account section, click on Email.
- Select the option to Skip this and use my existing email.
- Enter your name, username, and password for your Yahoo Mail account.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Choose the IMAP option.
- Click on the Manual Config option and enter the following server settings:
– Incoming Mail (SMTP) Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
– Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
– Incoming Port: 993 with SSL
– Outgoing Port: 465 with SSL or port 587 with either SSL or TLS.
- Click on the Re-test option. Then, click on Done to save the settings.
You can now conveniently import Yahoo Mail folders to Thunderbird. Another way to add Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird is through POP3.
Add Yahoo Account to Thunderbird Account- Using POP3 Settings
Do as directed below to connect Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird using POP3:
- Begin by logging in to your Yahoo Mail account. Clicking on the Gear icon, then select Settings.
- Locate the Edit button next to Yahoo Account Settings and click on it.
- Next, ensure that the POP option is turned on.
- Click on Save and then sign out of your Yahoo account.
- Further, open Mozilla Thunderbird and select your email account.
- In the Create a new account section, click on Email.
- Choose the option to Skip this and use my existing email.
- Enter your name, username, and password for your Yahoo Mail account. Click on the Continue button.
- If you prefer to use the POP setup, select the POP3 option.
- Thunderbird will now add all your emails from the Yahoo Server.
- Finally, click on Done to complete the setup and access your Yahoo Mail through Thunderbird.
If satisfied with the two procedures mentioned above, you can migrate Yahoo emails to Thunderbird. Otherwise, the best alternative that does not require logging into Yahoo or Thunderbird is discussed below. Moreover, the manual procedure has its limitations too.
Drawbacks of Manual Steps
You may face the following issues while performing the manual procedures:
- The manual process is lengthy and time-consuming.
- It does not allow to perform selective migration of emails.
- Not an ideal solution for the bulk migration of Yahoo emails.
- You can not prevent the migration of duplicate emails.
Therefore, professionals often recommend a risk-free solution, using a professional tool, to overcome these limitations.
Direct Method to Import Yahoo Mail Folders to Thunderbird
The procedure gets simple if you do not have to add Yahoo account to Thunderbird account. MigrateEmails Yahoo Mail Backup Tool will help you hop this process. It is a reliable and secure application to migrate Yahoo Mail data to other email clients. Moreover, this tool allows users to save Yahoo Mail data locally into distinct file formats. Furthermore, the software features different filters that enable users to customize results.
Let us see how conveniently this tool migrates Yahoo Mail into Thunderbird:
- Download and run the tool on your system.
- Choose either of the two: Single Mode or Batch Mode.
- Enter the login credentials for Yahoo Mail and click on Login.
- Expand the tree hierarchy on the next panel and preview the Yahoo mailbox.
- From the list of Email Clients, choose IMAP as the backup destination.
- Type Thunderbird Login credentials to log in to your Thunderbird account.
- Choose among different options on the screen for precise results.
- Lastly, click on the Start Process button to migrate emails effortlessly. Thus, you do not need to add Yahoo account to Thunderbird account.
Additional Features of Yahoo Migration Tool
Other features of the tool that make it a better solution to import Yahoo Mail folders to Thunderbird are as follows:
- Featured with Remove duplicate filter to prevent migration of duplicate emails.
- Allows users to migrate date-specific data by applying Date Mail Filter.
- Offers to migrate Yahoo Emails to different platforms with or without attachments.
- Enables users to migrate Yahoo mail to Office 365, Gmail, G Suite, and other IMAP accounts.
- Additionally, it has an interactive GUI and the tool is versatile enough to run on different macOS.
Hence, this was all about how to add Yahoo account to Thunderbird account. We have discussed two methods of connecting email clients and migrating emails. However, the third method is straightforward and does not require configuring Yahoo in Thunderbird. You can simply log in to the email client and migrate the data without any hassle. Moreover, it is a top-rated method to bear Yahoo Mail migration.